Help needed with crop circle

On Tue, 17 May 2005 16:49:23 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

Dave, I have you twit filtered so I no longer put up with your crap. (That means no reply is necessary, got it?)

Here's irony for ya:

down to "Gardeners: Tread Lightly:" Tires are made from hydrocarbons which are known to be carcinogenic, so why take a chance?

Ya think?

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Full-Service Web Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 17 May 2005 18:01:51 -0400, the inscrutable "PDQ" spake:

I think Arizona, NM, and Nevada are all recycling them into their roadways. Ditto the red roofing tiles. They're crushed and mixed into the roadbed. Some NV roads (US395 from CA to LV) are pink as a result.

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Full-Service Web Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:11:05 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy spake:

That was no chocolate bar, son.

Ever look at one of those power or health bar thingies? Crikey, there's so much sugar in one of them it puts me into sugar shock just looking at it. What misnomers!

------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------

Full-Service Web Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL... Good point!

You did that on purpose??

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

Um, I'm not telling anyone anything other than those tire walls are there. Draw your own conclusions, but I figure if they have 'em in SF of all places, then the're probably not as bad as the alarmists would make them out to be.

Agreed there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Then don't snipe at me from behind your killfile. Intellectual cowardice is beneath you, I would have thought.

Fuzzy science. How...unexpected. So, why are those tires there, Larry?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I wouldn't say anything is "completely" safe under all circumstances, but the chemical hazard from tire-"leaching" is pretty far down for ordinary water chemistry.

The primary problem/cost w/ disposal of tires is the volume required in landfills and the problem of large piles occasionally getting lit. The disposal fees are an attempt to have some revenues to provide mechanisms to counter this. How efeective they are seems to depend on jursidiction--here they're using it to subside recycling and it seems to work reasonably well.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Larry Jaques wrote: ...

There's the difference between the of the hydrocarbon...there has to be a signficant pathway for exposure.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Reminds me of a scam I read about years ago. Seem that there was a city who required a fee to dispose of the itres. A new firm showed up with trucks and began to take care of this business. All the former folks were glad to get rid of the business because it was not profitable. This new firm did well at this for a year or two. Then they vanished.

An investigation discovered that they had collected millions of dollars. And deposited all the tires in a big, old warehouse they had rented. Leaving the warehouse owner with a big sized disposal problem.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Lee Michaels wrote: ...

Alway possible if oversight not maintained...here it is State-controlled and has been in place for something approaching 20 years now. Don't know of any significant problems to date.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Mike wrote in news:cbcl811gig6gpehnaetuac4gtghkhmhk3t@

4ax.com:

The door set was on closeout at the Borg. I thought it was $99, and it was on the cart, with a couple of other things, (OK, the stack was 4' high). The pricing was wrong, but we worked it out, and I took it anyway.

Another name for these little houses in the garden is 'garden folly'. Seems apt.

But there is space in the garage shop for power tools that was previously occupied by stuff now stored in a respectable outbuilding. And since it can be seen from the back street, and isn't, in the strictest of interpretations, properly sited, I had to make it 'nice'. The city has no complaints, because it was 'done nicely'.

But to be able to honestly answer folks who ask what it would cost for me to make them one, when I really don't want to, is priceless.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch