Help looking for large size workbelts

My neighbor is looking for an extra-large carpenter's workbelt. He hasn't had any luck at the big homecenters, and thought I could help out with an online request.

Since none of the regular off-the-shelf gear is large enough, does anyone know of specific plus-size equipment? There seems to be specialty suppliers for everything else out there.

Thanks.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Duluth Trading Company goes to 48".

see

800.505.8888

Reply to
John Flatley

According to the catalogue - Lee Valley has them 48 to 51" depending on the tool belt you choose. They also have several belts which you can purchase with various pouches, Suspenders and several nice shop aprons.

Cat # 67K74.12 for the top of the line tool belt. "Quiet nice looking" and price aint bad.

As an alternate "and your friend probably hasn't thought about it". There are leather craft stores in generally every city, where you can purchase complete or buy the materials to make your own leather belts. Generally the leather straps they sell are a several inches longer than their finished size to accomodate buckles and fasteners etc. AND THEY ARE VERY REASONABLY PRICED. So you can literally get any size belt up to 60 plus inches and then buy the pouches you need from any tool supply store.

If your preference is the adjustable web belts. These seem to be becoming a fashion trend, including the vehicle branded seatbelt type buckle. I'm sure you can find a source for them locally.

Although, if your engine don't start in the morning, I'm not sure who you call.

Hope that helps...

Pat

Reply to
Pat

That should help. Thanks.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Thanks for the tip. I'd never seen their website before, but I think I saw a review of their shop apron in one of the WW mags a while back.

Unfortunately, he says 48" isn't going to cut it. He's a big guy -- apparently, really big.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

One approach would be to use the Duluth Trading Company pouches (or whatever others you like) with a military/police duty belt-- shows one that is available up to 62". They also have pads for them if he wants a padded belt.

Reply to
J. Clarke

This looks like just the ticket. I kind of like the looks of one of these for myself, too. It says it has a layer of PVC in between the nylon web -- presumably so that holsters, radios and such don't deform the belt. This looks sturdier than the belt I use.

Thanks.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle
52".
Reply to
CW

I've seen toolbelts with waist sizes of 52" and maybe larger at HD and Lowes, if he needs something bigger than that maybe try a saddle shop.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

ROTFLMAOWCAOTM ... (with coffee all over the monitor). For some reason this morning that one smacked my funny bone dead center ... good one!

Reply to
Swingman

[snip]>

not to mention Omar the tentmaker... j4

Reply to
jo4hn

for me.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

So where do you put your tools and your nails and screws and whatnot?

Reply to
J. Clarke

DOH!!! oh you mean THAT kind of belt.

boy do I feel stupid.