Hardwood floor problems

I've seen dogs wearing booties in -20F weather, too, but I've never seen a self-respecting dog that would wear any such thing because their owners wanted them to wear them just to keep their floors pristine. Dogs only perspire through the feet (and tongue - the reason they pant), so putting booties on them when it's warm is going to get mightily soggy and uncomfortable (and likely the reason your pooch got a foot fungus). The booties would be better on EC's hands.

Reply to
krw

Makes total sense, all of what you said above. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Good advice for anyone .

Reply to
Ruby Mia

I was at an entry way to a restaurant yesterday. They had the dark wood looking tile floor. I have never seen this style before, it cupped and bowed up on some ends. It really looked like an old wooden floor that had been in place for many years. The cupping and bowing was only slight in actual physical condition, but looking across the floor at a distance it sure looked like it's fasteners were coming loose.

Reply to
Leon

There is some pretty amazing wood-look tile out there. If you think it's all the stuff that HD sells, think again.

Reply to
krw

No telling. On one hand, "kind of rustic" is coming back as a decorating trend. On the other, with attorneys hammering every aspect of our lives as an opportunity to sue, an obvious defect that could lead to a classic "trip and fall" suit seems unlikely.

I would bet in an entryway that sees all the traffic a restaurant gets along with exposure to wet, dirty feet from arriving clients that the joints (if trimmed, all exposed end cuts) are simply letting go.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

These were ceramic tiles. I drug my toe across the surfaces of the mating pieces and felt only the click over the seams. It really looked like it was sticking up on some of the ends.

Reply to
Leon

It's really kind of amazing what they are doing both with manufactured and laminate flooring, not to mention the ceramics.

Starbucks remodeled the local store a couple of years ago and put in a "planked" wood grained ceramic tile. I had to touch it to believe that it wasn't some sort of wood laminate. It's really held up well considering the traffic it must see.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I was surprised that the new conference rooms at work had wood floors when the rest of the building is either linoleum or marble. Then one day I dropped something and while picking it up touched the floor and realized that it wasn't wood.

Sometime in the next decade or so I need to redo my bathroom. I think I may use some version of that for both floors and walls.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I'm planning on doing a couple of bathrooms and the laundry with the wood-look tile. A tile store here has some 6x36" tiles that are really impressive. They aren't cheap, though.

Reply to
krw

Much bolder rascals than I would ever be. When someone gets their shoe caught for a second and slips/falls/is injured, then is subsequently sued, it will be too late to ponder decorating choices over common sense.

What kind of idiot would install a known hazard (attorney catnip!) in a public area?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

You are use hardwood because hardwood not lose.

Reply to
Ruby Mia

Can you explain? Hardwood isn't all that "hard".

Reply to
krw

You can easily flip it easily if you follow our recipe.An absolute process can surprise you,the new style of the market.

Reply to
Ruby Mia