Habitat for Humanity ReStore

No, there isn't walnut for 5cents a board foot, but they do have some fantastic deals that may be of interest. A friend of mine listened to me complain about the cost of formica ($48 a sheet at the local lowes) for my router table top and suggested I go to the ReStore and see what they had. I ended up walking out with 8 sheets for ~$21.50. Limited color choice (blue, brown, or white with black specs), but they had pallets of it that was in pristine shape. Oh, and the stuff was 4'x12', not the 4'x8' I am used to. The only problem was they didn't also have contact cement, so I had to buy a gallon of that at OSH for $22+tax.

The selection of stuff they have for woodworking isn't great, but they do have a lot of tile, windows, formica, and some moulding, all for ridiculously cheap prices. If you have one local check it out.

Standard disclaimer - no affiliation, etc.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Crabtree

Got to agree. Picked up 4 chisels and a couple of screwdrivers for a dollar each. All used but I really wanted some chisels to practice sharpening on.

Reply to
Dan Jefferson

You're right, Andrew. I volunteer for one and the used stuff that comes in goes out at ~1/2 the usual and customary price...AND we have trouble keeping good stuff like cabinets.

It's used stuff carpenters or homeowners have torn out of an old house during refinishing. Proceeds go to the building of the highly visible Habitat for Humanity houses. Good deal for all, right!??!

Other than volunteering, I have no affiliation with them...

Reply to
speedymike