Grizzly Powertools

I am looking for feedback on grizzly powertools. I am thinking of buying a 14" bandsaw and trying to figure out if the grizzly is worth the risk of buying without seeing it first?

Reply to
megold.andrew

sure ,but you will find a lot of hits if you do a google search.. a lot of people like them.

Reply to
leonard

I happen to be the owner of a Grizzly 14" bansaw - advertised as the "ultimate 14" bandsaw". I have been very pleased with it: it comes with bearing guides and a fence. I also purchased the 6" extension, which I am glad I did. Grizzly delivered it promptly, undamaged. I have several Grizzly tools and have found the quality to be on par with other manufacturers, for a lower cost.

Hank

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Hank

Ditto, except I made the trip to Williamsport PA to pick mine up. What use I've had (resawing a Maple stump slab) worked well. I'm happy with it.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Ditto on the G0555 bandsaw. Very nice machine and well packed/delivered. I also have the G0500 jointer and my pal has the

1044Z tablesaw. Again, ditto on the quality and shipping/packing. 3 for
  1. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
rob

I was in the same position about three years ago because Griz was an unknown.

Since then I visited their Springfield store, talked to other owners and eventually bought a 1023s cabinet saw, some of their power hand tools and some shop accessories. A couple of thoughts.

There is probably no more 'risk' with Grizzly than any other mainstream manufacturer (example: Delta, Jet, Powermatic, etc). All have great tools and most have doggies. Griz has some dogs. When I started searching for a cabinet saw Unisaw and Jet were in the competition and Griz won on best value. After 2-1/2 years I still feel the same.

If you cannot get to a Grizzly showroom (a neat experience), call them regarding the tool you are looking at. They will provide phone#s of up to two folks in your general area that have made similar purchases. I did this before I bought my 1023 and the local owners pushed me over the line.

I have found their product support to be great. My saw arrived, on dock, 36 hours after I placed the internet order. From what I hear this is typical. The store personnel were among the most enthusiastic and accommodating I have met. However, at the end of the day you have to do the homework yourself. I think Griz is a candidate in nearly any search.

Reply to
RonB

I initally purchased a G1022 tablesaw for my first shop to try them out. Satisfied, I then went with a jointer, then a bandsaw, then an air compressor. Had to leave the shop behind for a move and have fitted my new one. A G1023SL tablesaw, a G0555 bandsaw, a G1182Z jointer and a raidal head drill press. In all of those tools, I had a magnetic switch go out on the cabinet saw and the motor was bad on the G0555 bandsaw. Griz stood by both without a hitch. While I'm not completely brand loyal, I do look to griz first because of the value and the quality. The only thing I didn't care for was the bearing guides on the G0555 - they were a PITA to adjust and were noisy. I simply ordered the block style for other 14" saw they have and replaced the bearing guides. Best thing I did - I'm very happy with the saw now.

BTW - this morning I turned a maple log (about 8" round) into 1/2" material using a 3/4" 3 tpi blade on the G0555 and it didn't bog down at all.

Don

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

On 30 Dec 2004 11:17:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com calmly ranted:

I'm the happy owner of 5 Griz tools. Go for it.

-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-

Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've got the 14" bandsaw (G0555). Good tool and good value. I'd buy it again.

Grizzly generally has a pretty good reputation. Go for it.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

I have a Grizzly shaper (about 8 years now) and it is a darn good value.

I am thinking of upgrading my TS and want to spend around $1k (or less) and was leaning heavily (?) toward the 1023S(L) saws.

I am wondering if I should order it soon before the prices increase.

Does anyone have definitive info on the Grizzly price increases - like when, how much (%).

With the cost of raw materials shooting up, I can see this as happening very soon.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I have the G0444Z table saw with the 70" extension and am very satisfied with it.

Reply to
Bob

The price increase goes in to effect on January 1 and they are substantial! I ordered the G0512 Edge Sander about a month ago (backorder for 4-6 weeks) and paid $535.00 + shipping. I just received thier new catalog and the price will be 599.00 + shipping. So today is the last day to order at the old prices!

Reply to
Joseph Connors