Grizzly G0528 -- Help With Assembly?

Hi,

Received my Grizzly G0528 Sliding Router Table yesterday.

The table went together easily, but I am struggling with the switch box.

It seems too tight -- like there's not enough room in the box for the wires. When I try to attach the switch box to the table leg, it pushes the switch out.

My switch box has a "strain relief" feature -- I think this may have been added several months after the initial launch of the product, because it's not mentioned in the paper instruction manual that came with the table, but it is mentioned in the electronic instruction manual on the Grizzly web site.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else owns this table and has any tips for me??

Thanks all!!

Reply to
Glen

My initial thought is to give Grizzly a call. From my experience and that of others, they have first rate product support.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Last night I was able to attach the switch. Still seems very tight, but it works.

OK, next question!

I am very pleased with the table itself -- heavy, sturdy, sliding top, power switch conveniently located right up front, built-in dust hood (works pretty well).

HOWEVER, I am not in love with the way the router attaches to the underside.

There are four "router clamps" riding in "T" tracks.

Even though the table top lifts up (about 45 degrees), it's still very challenging to hold the router base with one hand and adjust the thickness bolts and jam nuts with the other.

Especially considering (as they say in the manual) "the router spindle should be centered under the cut out in the cast iron table".

For anyone with a little time, I would really appreciate some suggestions for improving this setup!!

You can view the manual here -

's a picture of what I am trying to describe -- see Figure 14 on Page 16.

Thanks!!

Glen

Reply to
Glen

HOWEVER, I am not in love with the way the router attaches to the underside. Cut a circle that fits snugly into the opening. Drill a 1/2" hole in the middle. Place a 1/2" bolt thru the hole with a nut on the opposite side. Turn unit upside down. Place circle into bit opening with bolt facing up. Place router collet over bolt. Lock router down.

Looks like a cool system let us know how well it works.

Reply to
Tim Taylor