Grinding Metal (posted in Wood turning also)

Hi Guys & Gals, Had some medical problems and had a MRI image of my head ordered. The Dr. spent a lot of time questioning me about my work and hobbies. When he found out that I worked with metal tools, he wanted to know if I ground metal (dust & chips were his concern). He was worried that some metal dust or small chips were embeded in the eyelids. He then ordered a X-ray of my face. We did not find any dust or chips in my eyes, so went ahead with the MRI.

The problem is that if there were metal in my eyes, the MRI electromagnetics would / could start the pieces spinning - cutting the eyeball and doing serious damage.

Just thought I'd pass this on. Hope it helps someone. Gordon

Grinding Metal (posted in Wood turning also

Reply to
Gordon J. Lever

Gack! That's something to think about for sure!

Reply to
Silvan