Good buy (I think) on tool cart at Harbor Freight

Tool Cart. In their "fat" sale catalog that came out at the beginning of this month, the very first coupon on the first page is for the following unit for $99.99. I never thought I'd own one of these, but for this price I'll bite (actually, it was not a hard decision after seeing it in person). It weighs a full 100 pounds, so that comes out to a buck a pound.
http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/tool-carts/26-in-4-drawer-580-lb-capacity-glossy-black-roller-cart-61634.html
Caveat: Assembling it takes non-trivial effort, perhaps 2 hours. There are 3 types of bolts, quite similar, but all of them, along with plenty of nuts and washers, are conveniently included together in one bag. The 2 handle bolts are similar enough to the others, that I ended up with no "handle bolts" the first go around.
BTW, for those that don't like Harbor Freight products, I saw the same unit on Home Depot's web site for $119.99--so you could buy it there instead! ; )
Bill

But the page you point to above has it for $149.99 (compare at $368.32!). ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

http://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/10_ITEM_26___4_DRAWER_TOOL_CART_1485835038.1364.jpg
http://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/10_ITEM_26___4_DRAWER_TOOL_CART_1488987845.0433.JPG
http://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/10_ITEM_26___4_DRAWER_TOOL_CART_1486387227.1444.png
http://www.hfqpdb.com/coupons/10_ITEM_26___4_DRAWER_TOOL_CART_1487889989.3613.jpg
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 02:14:46 +0000, Spalted Walt

I didn't doubt that HF had it on sale, somewhere. They always do. I was just tweaking Bill because $149.99 /< $119.99. ;-)
Sales catalog is not the web page. Martin
On 3/9/2017 7:54 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 23:18:33 -0600, Martin Eastburn
It sure looked like a web page to me!

But the web page isn't the Sales page. Sale page shows lower even prices. The Web page is the standard every day price. Martin
On 3/10/2017 12:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I bought the red one at a parking lot sale ~5 yrs ago. Quite heavy and surprisingly well made. As a matter of fact, mine is over-built for the limited amount of storage space it provides.
<http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/tool-carts/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html>
Actually thought about this as a "mobile" sharpening center. Grinders on top, accessories in drawers-roll over to lathe, etc.
On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:06:49 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

Bill Leonhardt wrote:

Realize that you need to open the top before you can open any of the drawers. This is probably mainly for security, as the top has a key. I like its mobility too--and it's can contain many of the small things that are easy to misplace in a relatively organized and space-efficient manner. That's what was attractive to me.

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 12:25:38 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:

If the locking mechanism is anything like the small three drawer toolbox I bought at Tractor Supply, it is easily defeated. Closing the top pushes a bar down at the back of the unit which locks the drawers. If you grind the top of the bar off, the drawers won't lock. But, and this is big but....
The drawers will open when you move/ tilt the tool box. :-(
If you really want to keep the top closed and use the drawers but also lock them for security or transport, you could install a "swing arm" system that hinges on the side and swings in front of the drawers and then locks.
Seems like a lot of work, but it might help adapt the box for a specific purpose.

HF offers a fold-away shelf for the red cart that could be easily drilled to fit the the black tool cart.
http://www.harborfreight.com/tool-cart-folding-side-tray-62207.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozodEx0NWaA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wK7VgXd310#t
)9
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 19:05:56 -0500

or 70 more for this
http://www.harborfreight.com/27-in-8-drawer-black-roller-cabinet-2-pc-combo-63026.html
I've got a couple of those 4 drawer black carts. They are pretty handy.