Getting surface planer back up and running

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting ready to make sawdust again. I'm reading over the manual for my Delta 13" planer, and it recommends "extreme pressure lithium grease" to lubricate the gears. Where is one likely to find such grease? Wal-Mart? Auto parts store? Ace Hardware? Dedicated tool store?

todd

Reply to
todd

Robert L. Wilson

Ace Hardware

Nova

For the exact fit, a Delta authorized repair facility. After that, like Robert mentioned, automotive "disk brake" wheel bearing grease. IIRC this is a common lube in the boating industry.

Reply to
Leon

7 lb pail? What on earth for??? :D It's $4 for a 14 oz tube at Amazon and elsewhere.

Reply to
MikeWhy

It was the wrong link. The proper link for some reason never copied into my clipboard. It should have been:

Nova