FWIW Kickback

It most certainly is.

It's obvious to me, but not to others. Thanks for pointing out my omission.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I hated doing it. :) Seems like there is no end of someone waiting to jump on a mistake/omission like a duck on a June bug these days. But considering the thread and that someone will be trying to cut two inches off the end of a six foot tubafour using just the fence ....

Reply to
Swingman

May beetle!

to mention the heresy that increasing the opening size beyond the cut (as in fence not parallel) can produce anything but disaster.

Feel better?

considering

Reply to
George

Maybe ... if I had an idea of what you are talking about?

Reply to
Swingman

See the thread of 3-4 months ago about setting the fence for clearance after the cut when ripping.

I think I even posted a site for elementary vector analysis.

You do feel better about someone jumping on the post, though, don't you?

Reply to
George

I don't recall being involved in that discussion, but I could be wrong. I've always been of the opionon that slight fence toe out, within reason, won't make a tinker's damn with regard to the cut, or precision of same... did I say otherwise?

A bug by another name ...

Reply to
Swingman

Rich.. Been there. done that. Except I was cutting 3/4 inch ply. Peeled the top of one finger down to the tendon. That REALLY smarts. Got stitched up and a little wiser now. Warren

Reply to
Warren

OUCH! Hey at least you got some scars to impress the ladies, tough guy. hehe.

Rich

Reply to
Rich