Fuming question

If you can hold off until after the weekend, I'll put some cherry in with the oak (for the experiment further down the thread) and post some pictures.

Reply to
musials

You can also use it in the hose-end sprayer for fertilizer a la Jerry Baker

Reply to
musials

Thanks for the reply anyway. I may try it.

I have been doing some mission style pieces for a local retailer. Maybe the White Oak and the cherry can be fumed to get the dark colour people love so much. :-)

Reply to
WillR

Just to toss in my 2¢ - I love the look of fumed cherry - especially when quartersawn. Both cherry and w. oak turn a beautiful deep and rich coloration when ammonia fumed. (Note: if a piece includes sapwood, the fuming won't affect it nearly enough to blend in. You'll have to use a stain to blend it.)

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

this is a great thread.

I have little experiance in finishes, and never any thing beyond pine and oak.(i guess white oak) soft wood. i did not know about fuming.I had to google it. now i feel i have another tool to use. thanks. larry T

Reply to
Larry and Lois