Fuming it is! *PIC*

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:05:20 GMT, Chris Merrill brought forth from the murky depths:

I'll be fuming some ebony this weekend.

-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Baited as in troll-bait perhaps, I suspect a Freudian slip, and I am not referring to router bits and collets either.

Reply to
Groggy

It seems you've allocated some special time to embarrass yourself in public again Dave.

David Eisan has been a wealth of information over the years, helping others and explaining what he learns along the way. He posts and maintains the FAQ on behalf of the wreck, he doesn't attack or belittle others, he adds value by providing pictures of techniques he is trying and generating discussion. In short, he is and always has been a valued contributor. Since this bothers you, what exactly do you think participation in the wreck is about?

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

All those fumes get to your keyboard ribbon?

Reply to
Swingman

It comes out looking like poplar ... DAMHIKT

Reply to
Swingman

i take you out of my twit list for 5 days and you just can't wait to act up, can you? bye, again.

Groggy wrote: nothing of value

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 08:16:02 GMT, "Groggy" brought forth from the murky depths:

CHRIST, guys. Can't you tell that he is a troll, nothing more? Why must you continue to respond to him? ------------

-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown

Reply to
Larry Jaques

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

"Bay Area Dave" to avoid answering the question, puts his fingers in his ears and says "la la la la la......"

One of these days you'll answer the question instead of running away. If you are going to make foolish statements at least have the courage to "try" to support them.

Reply to
Groggy

We understand. Afterall, how can you center the picture with your head so far up your ass?

Reply to
PM6564

David,

what is the effect on glue? Does it weaken? Also, does the glue stop darkening by the ammonia?

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Hello,

I am just doing what my mother taught me, and Dave should learn the same.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Keef,

Ayup.

On another note, wait until you see the pictures of the motherload of all trade in's. I am buying two massive shops at work to trade in on downsized new equipment (two prisions ww'ing shops closed, new smaller outsourced shop being built). Things like General 12" jointer, 24" planer, floor model mortiser (like a Yates), knobless dust door cast iron based Canukastani made Unisaurs, Crescent/Delta 20" bandsaws, 16" Wadkin TS's, lathes, radio alarm saws, the list goes on and on.

Uniqueasaur.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Steve,

The difference is I know how to use the tools and share how to make stuff, he only asks what to buy next.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Steve,

I don't know. The little cherry clock I made last year and did a lye dye job has only mellowed in the last 18 months, I had a good look at it last weekend when I was visiting the friend I gave it to. Where there was *some very small* blotching that I saw when I "lye'd" the cherry, it has evened out with time.

I am going to go *way* out here on a limb and speculate with absolutely nothing to back me up here, but my supposition is that there is only so much tannin to work with, and when you use it up chemically treating the wood, that is it, no more colour change. In other words, all you are doing is speeding up the oxidization process, and once it is done, it is done.

I don't see any of the shit, Nfilter does work, and it works well. Only problem is that it has disappeared from the web. I hope someone hosts the .exe so I can point to it in the mini-faq.

Guess what I have gotten myself into? I am helping a friend teach a woodworking extension course at a local high school in the evening. The interesting part, the instructor is female, and so is the entire class!

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Some guys get all the fun jobs. You'll of course me making up a pictorial record???

And speaking of Kanada, somewhere in all my things I have a shot of a Unisaw with a Beaver tagged dust door. I saw this at a shop up in Edmonton (like Omaha only farther nort' and west Leon). The picture didn't come out too goodly though and to tell you the truth I'd have to go digging for it. I wonder if FotoShoppe wouldn't resurrect the thing?

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Gotta keep an eye on those Beavers.

I brought up an old ('73) shot of a Yankee half-miler (motorcycle made in Schenectady, NY for a few seasons) set up for ice racing, taken at Glens Falls in February (the lakes have to be cold enough to hold a *lot* of vehicles). Scanned way too dark, though it's medium format, but PSE 2 did a fine job of turning it into as much of a visual treat as it will ever be. Mostly a reminder of going on my butt on the same bike while playing around after the races.

Charlie Self "Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage. " Ambrose Bierce

Reply to
Charlie Self

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY I CAN'T STAND YOU. YOU LIE. EITHER THAT OR YOU HAVE SELECTIVE READING SKILLS. JERK!

David F. Eisan wrote: SNIP

SNIP

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

"But Santiago's problems were far from over; he was still a day's journey from land, and he knew that the fish's blood would attract sharks. "

Reply to
Tom Watson

are you up early or are you back east and up at a civilized hour this fine Sunday? :)

dave

Tom Wats> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave