FS - Old Table Saw

I thought I would try here first before an ad on eBay.

I have an old Craftsman King-Seeley table saw I would like to find a new home for. Its a model number 103.22160 with a motor 115.7556 Type CRI80K9. Its a belt driven saw, 1950s vintage, I think. It has a heavy cast top and extension wing, original fence, and miter gauge. 110V

Brikp

If I owned a saw in that condition I'd be too embarrassed to put it up for sale.

Reply to
mp

The table is nice, heavy and flat. Everything seems solid. The plywood base is fine and makes it more of a benchtop design. It can be used as is although would perform better, and safer, with the suggested modifications.

Reply to
Brikp

You're not concerned about potential liability issues from knowingly selling unsafe power tools?

Reply to
mp

Nope - It works as designed, its not inherently unsafe. It could just be made safer.

Reply to
Brikp

So, you want it? The more and more I write about it I am second guessing myself. Maybe I really don't want to sell it. Its such a great tool! I really did make some cool stuff with it before it was retired!

Reply to
Brikp

Reply to
Brikp

Pessimists view:

I finally sold an old Craftsman TS after several weeks of lowering the price. By the time I actually sold it I was seriously considering stripping it and taking it to a scrap iron dealer and getting a few bucks for the iron table and trunnions. Before you do that, salvage hardware, acme screw threads, handles, switch, etc. The miter gage will probably work on other tools with a miter slot (Example: the old Craftsman miter gage was better than the cheapy that came with my band saw). If the motor is good you will eventually come up with a need for one.

Before I stripped it I sold it to a local trim carpenter who had just dropped his ancient Delta off the back of his pickup.

Reply to
RonB

I am flexible on the price and will consider ALL offers. Could even be the cost of a beer to a good home.

Motor works fine. Can be wired to run clockwise and counter-clockwise, not sure if it can be wired to run on 220 though.

Make an offer.

Reply to
Brikp

Tried emailing you but it bounced. Respond offline if the saw is still available.

Reply to
lobomike

Still available. I will e-mail you.

Reply to
Brikp

I will now be unable to respond to inquiries about this saw until late next week. I am heading to FL to help with some disaster relief. (All proceeds from the saw will be used to cover any expenses incurred!!!)

Reply to
Brikp