You're probably seen this:

Bob Villa

not able to see at the moment

what is it

let me guess nuclear powered lathe

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet wrote in news:nn6a6b$1rr$2 @dont-email.me:

Mine's powered by a mix of coal, natural gas, wind, solar, and nuclear. In spite of all that, it probably has one of the smallest operating costs of anything I own.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Probably not although I did run across a circular saw mill in one of the hollers east of here that was powered by a Ford Model T engine in all its glory. It even had the wide canvas belts what were engaged by a big lever.

Reply to
John McGaw

John McGaw wrote in news:yOPlz.12545$ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.iad:

Up near Perry FL there's an old cracker with a saw mill powered by a Chrysler FirePower V8 (at least, I think that's what it is). It doesn't look like it's run in the last half century, altho the old guy insists he's still in business milling lumber. Swindell, I think his name was - I have his card around somewhere.

Those old mills are scary to look at - not only the blade with absolutely no guards, but all the other belts and stuff totally unprotected, all the way back to the motor.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Has a circular saw (abou 40 inch diameter) that was belt driven off the pulley of the 1949 Massey Harris 44 with a 6 inch wide flat belt. Cutting rock elm would open the governor up pretty good.

Reply to
clare

it is mounted on a skid and has its own power

designed for mobility and early deployment

sounds like seabee equipment

Reply to
Electric Comet

Sounds like my table saw. Only "guard" is the operator using common sense. This equipment should only be used by men raised before diving boards were removed from public pools, swings removed from playgrounds, horseshoe pits replaced with Corn hole crap and so on.

Millennials, raised in the home on digital games by hand wringing mothers, are finding Pokemon too dangerous as the pantywaists are forced to actually walk around loose, walking into cars and what-not.

They should not be allowed near power tools, particularly anything sharp that is not 110% safe with every guard known to man, wearing chain-link suits of armor, gas masks for dust, giant helmets with bullet proof face masks and built in ear muffs, and the tools should instantly slam to a stop if they even think about putting a pinky in danger.

Reply to
Jack

damn are they really replacing horseshoe pits

first thing i did when i got my skilsaw so many years ago was to jam a sixteen penny nail to keep that guard out of the way

it is an interesting trajectory that humanity is on right now with interesting used in the same way as that old saying may you live in interesting times

should also mention stick shift cars most kids at driving age will not and or cannot drive a stick

society and culture now is very risk averse constant fear drummed in all the time

yes they will have to wear a brain machine interface and if they even think of putting their hand near the cutter it shuts off the machine and gives them a 50000 volt reminder and deducts 5 dollars from their account and transfers it to the health and safety department to improve the tv programming to remove thoughts of using the equipment at all

Reply to
Electric Comet

"first thing i did when i got my skilsaw so many years ago was to jam a sixteen penny nail to keep that guard out of the way"

This kind of explains the whys and wherefores of the vast majority of your "contributions" to this board...sadly, I might add...

Might I assume the shift and punctuation keys have been disabled for a similar reason?

Reply to
bnwelch

I upgraded my corn hole set to be more like Tejo, a Columbian sport that combines alcohol and explosives. What could go wrong?

DerbyDad03

And they should definitely stay off your lawn, right Jack.

Reply to
Markem

Sure, shoes are dangerous weapons in the hands of BLM.

You're kidding, right?

It is interesting to see Darwin at work, daily. Seems you're leading the parade.

...and why should they? They're rare, now, and getting more rare every year. \

Reply to
krw

Ed Huntress posted for all of us...

I heard the fart from here!

Reply to
Tekkie®

That essay was written by a guy who watches too much television and spends too little time with the young people he's writing about.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

How bout you and your fart sniffing Ladyboy friend tuck your tender little manginas in a pair of these and keep right on pretending old Woody don't know what he's writing about. ;)

Woody Sawyer

Who do you think you are, Melania Trump? You didn't write anything. That stupid "essay" is all over the Web:

Ed Huntress

I don't know what you mean, or, what is the relationship to what I said, and "they" coming into my yard?

Anyone is allowed on my lawn as long as they come in peace. If not, well, they enter at their own risk.

In my house... not unless invited.

Reply to
Jack

This reply was written by a guy that spends too much time teaching our boys how to apply moisturizer and getting stupid warning labels stuck on on everything. Slides, swings, diving boards, horseshoe pits and every other risky activity removed from our life. They think scores traumatize losers, bullies are to be castrated instead of punched in the mouth, and it's too dangerous for a kid to walk across the street to school, and needs bus service to his door.

He might be right about watching TV to see what our kids are doing, because the kids rarely go outside today. Playgrounds are empty, and until Pokemon came out they were nowhere to be found. Now a few can be seen walking around like zombies, staring into their cells, walking into trees, traffic and other highly dangerous objects.

Reply to
Jack