food safe oils

Easy is one of my favorite descriptions for a product. I like paste form better than oil (drips and runs) and the wax.

Reply to
Electric Comet

Kinda makes me wonder what oil is on the steel when I buy them at the steel yard. It gets on you and vaporizes off if in the open or the sheet gets hot. Keeps the rust off. I suspect it is a light oil of some kind.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I used aluminum flashing once for a model RR backdrop. I had to use something (vinegar?) to remove the oil and then use an etchant to get the latex paint to stick. Won't use flashing for that purpose again :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

My Plasma torch heats it up and turns all sorts of colors (normal as well) along the hot line of missing metal. Continuous blast of air drives the metal out of the slot.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn