Follow up - Rockler in NJ at Force Machinery

Was in Plainfield earlier today so decided to go a little further East and check out Force Machinery since I got an email from them that they are now partnered with Rockler.

lot different from the last time I was there about five years ago. I wish I wasn't hungover and could have paid a little more attention while there but here a few things I noticed about 5 Jointers at least 3 bandsaws maybe 4 cabinet saws including SawStop huge display of Amana router bits with drawers below so they must stock at least a few lots of Frued blades veneer flitches miniature Rockwell RAS about 10" high (very detailed) full display of Festool equipment clamps, hardware, miller dowels, glue, etc.
drill/driver sets (Made in USA) big sanding belts (I only have a 3x21 so I didn't check sizes) metal and/or masonry blades up to 12" maybe bigger few different brands of handheld power tools

5 different CMS

They are still in the process of re-arranging the store so it was a little cluttered but it looks as though they are looking for more dorkers to come and buy there. From what I looked at as far as price they are surprisingly reasonable. You might find a better price online but if you go there to get something you need the prices are not going to chase you away.

If you are in the area of Union NJ and have some time to kill it is worth the drive to check it out especially since there is nothing else in NJ that I know of for dorkers.

If you have never driven on 22 East of route 206 you are in for a treat. I can't even begin to describe the idiocy you can see crammed into a 20 mile stretch of six lane highway with stores every five feet on both sides and in the median! Traffic laws of the US (or any other country) do not exist in the twighlight zone of route 22 and no police can ever be seen there so venture at your own risk...

Reply to
RayV

etc.http://www.montanabrandtools.com/drill/driver sets (Made in USA)

I was also there yesterday morning. Rt 22 is a joy - I grew up in the area so it's familiar to me. I now live by the I-78/I-287 Intersection, so if you take I-78 East to GS Parkway South to Rt 22 East you avoid the 5 miles of Rt 22 with the stores in the middle island (at east coming westbound).

The staff was attentive - when you walked in they said hello and asked if you needed help. If you said I'm just looking around - they left you alone. Not always the case in retail.

They have a lot of the Rockler stuff out and being displayed. This will become my primary hardware stop as I move forward on projects. They don't have the complete line of everything Rockler carries - of course - but it's good to pick up and hold things as you envision using them in a project.

They also have a used/misc cart full of various stuff for sale. I didn't recognize most of the stuff so I can't say whether there were any bargains to be had.

I picked up a magnetic featherboard for the TS. Got it home and it sticks really well, even to the stamped wings on my Jet TS - I was concerned how it would stick if it was across some of the embossed shapes on the wings, but it's very solid.

Check it out - if you don't like it you don't have to go back!

Cheers

Jim

Reply to
jtm065tree

Is that the area where the huge ship (flagship?) between the East and West lanes housed at one time the American Shops mens clothing store? Do I recall correctly that way, way back some of the NY Yankees worked there part time as clothing salesmen?? Rizzuto and Berra maybe?

ROY!

Reply to
ROY!

Second only to route 1/9 south of Newark Airport! Especially near the old Anheiser Busch building.

er... Sorry... That would be "Liberty International Airport" these days.

22 is the one road I try to avoid at all costs...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

Sure is. What a wonderland of exciting driving... :)

However, go a little bit west into Mountaiside and stop at Famous Dave's for dinner some time. The XXL ribs are my favorite although the corn muffins and *any* dessert may just be better but I can't tell by that time since I'm so stuffed,...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

First time I was in Newark was the mid 60's, the terminal was a very old place back then.

Next time was the mid 80's.

The old terminal had been converted into a freight terminal and 3 new passenger terminals had been built, one of which, was not yet opened.

I'm sure things have changed.

Driving on the roads around Newark was like taking a page out of history. Reminded me of what it must have been like back when Monopoly was invented.

Roads were out of date back then, must be unbelievable today.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett