Flouorscent Lights in the cold

You suck! :)

Reply to
Silvan

Dad always taught me not to heat the whole outdoors. It's hard to pay to heat a shed with absolutely no insulation.

I might do it anyway though. :)

My interests wax and my interests wane, but I've been in the shop every day since the middle of June, and it's only getting better. I think maybe I'm finally going to stop waffling and focus on one thing.

Maybe.

At least for now. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Yeah, right next to Crofton. I know where that is. You're zone 7 I think. Definitely milder winters than here.

Regional OTR. I guess you'd call it medium haul. I've been doing it going on seven years now. Email me if you want me to talk you into it or talk you out of it. I can take the romance out of it, arm you with facts, and help you decide whether or not it's really something you want to do. (No, I'm not a recruiter.)

Reply to
Silvan

BINGO !!

Ed, you got to the core point . . .

When I can't feel my hands, it's time for coffee and the books or computer. 'Buzzing & Blinking' until the chill comes off and the little 'scrapeater' woodstove warms up I can live with.

At about 35-40 degrees the 'finely measured & cut' wood will move when it gets to 'room temperature', the glue won't 'set' properly, epoxy & varnish 'curtain' with the very extended curing times, and my butt gets cold . . . which hinders my thinking processes !!

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

SNIP You can get the same light for about $20 from a standard fixture once you hit 50

Reply to
Ron Magen

What, and go around looking like a hobo? :)

I should try that. I've done it with those brown gloves, and they weren't much warm, but maybe if I cut the tips off of a pair of good gloves...

Reply to
Silvan

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:35:58 -0400, Silvan scribbled

Get a pair of thinsulate-lined wool gloves with a mitten flip top. Pretty cheap. That's what I use, and I have to deal with real cold, not your southern t-shirt & shorts winter weather. ;-)

Luigi Replace "no" with "yk" twice in reply address for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

I'm already wearing long johns. I don't think we'll be wearing T-shirts and shorts this winter. Snow flurries last night.

I guess that means most of Canada is already a foot under. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Perhaps I should mention that I grew up and worked in Northwestern and Central Ohio, for some of those years as a frame carpenter. Those were not "southern t-shirts & shorts" winters. Try it. It does help. By the way, back then, thinsulate did not exist. I never quit working until the temp fell to -10, or more than 6 inches of snow.

Why do you think I moved here?

Reply to
Morgans