Finish Repair with Woodlox

Recently purchased a sailboat from an owner that said he used Woodlox throughout the teak interior. Some of the teak trim under the portlights have been stained (dark streaks) by water infiltration. The rest of the interior woodwork still looks good, so I was hoping to just sand and recoat the stained areas with Woodlox sealer/finish. My concern is that I may not be able to blend the finish from the repaired area and have it not look like a patchwork. Is sanding away the stain the best way to accomphish this or is there a type of cleaner that can be used? Any tricks to blending the new finish to the old?

Mike

Reply to
Homeratsea