Finish Nailer Recommendations

I would and did buy the HF. No complaints and If i had to pay the prices for the "name brands" I wouldn't be using pneumatic nailers. (Well, maybe used ones) Even many of the "name brands" nailers are made in China or Taiwan.

Reply to
lwasserm

the nails interchangeable? I looked at one of the HF's and the nail heads seemed to be rather large for a finshing nails. Or is thius just the way it is?

Chuck P.

Reply to
MOP CAP

I use bostich and Senco nails in my HF's

Reply to
cm

For sure the 16 & 18 gauge brad nailers do, also the 1/4" 18 ga narrow crown stapler and 1/2" crown 20 gauge stapler.

Reply to
lwasserm

There are basically only two types of finish nails available for the common brands, so it is quite likely that HF nailers will work with one of them. The two types are the angle collated and straight collated. If the HF nailer you have chosen has an angled nail cartridge, then you need the angle collated type DA nails. If it has a nail cartridge that it parallel with the handle, then it uses the straight collated nails.

Lowes has a chart available that shows which nails work with the common brands of nailers, but it is sadly incomplete as it doesn't even list my Porter Cable DA250, which uses the angle collated finish nails. I have found, however, that it will work fine with all of the angle collated brands of nails that I've found to be readily available in the BORGs.

Reply to
Charley

Follow-up: I send mail to Senco about the multiple firing and they are sending me a "single sequential triger" for free. Great service!

I recal the documentation aobut the touch trigger, a feature, but in my application it seemed a bit too sensitive and the recoil caused multiple taps.

Thanks again Senco! m

Reply to
MrM

Would you say a bit more about this, please? What is a "single equential triger"? What did the gun come with?

I missed that your post was about the sfn30. As I posted elsewhere I had all but decided on this gun, mostly due to its size and weight. Glad you posted this when you did!

Harvey

MrM wrote:

Reply to
eclipsme