Finish for table top support and slider

I am building a dining room table (bubinga and curly maple). The table top is supported by dovetailed extension sliders and some "joist" cross rails. Usually I finish all surfaces on my projects, but looking at our current dining room table there does not appear to be any finish on the under supports. I was originally going to simply wax the mating surfaces of the slider and oil the rest of the surfaces. Now I'm wondering if would make sense to simply wax the entire under structure and not bother with a finish. What do the experts out there recommend doing? Incidentally, the curly maple legs/tressle will be oiled and the bubinga top will get a poly gell for a hard surface.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Isn't the wax considered a finish? Why bother waxing it?

Reply to
Chris Merrill