Fastedge edge banding

Has anyone used the Fastedge edge banding, which doesn't require an iron to apply? I was wondering if it was as durable as the iron-on type?

-Bill

Reply to
billpot

I haven't used that particular product, but I have used peel and stick wood veneer edgebanding with no problems. I look for 3M adhesive on the roll. I like 3m's stuff, so I trusted it, tried it, worked fine. The better the cut edge, the better the adhesion - it won't flow like hot melt to fill in gaps.

RicodJour

I recently used it when I made new tops for a used bedroom set we recently bought for our girls. The only problems I seem to have had are on the front rounded corners. I found it harder to apply good pressure with the roller at this point and I'm seeing a few places that aren't adhered well a few months after doing it. I don't know if that will be your experience. YMMV.

todd

Reply to
todd

Thanx, guys - I'm going to give it a try. I don't have any rounded corners, so that shouldn't be an issue.

-Bill

Reply to
billpot

Yep. I've used it about 10 times on various projects. I really like it. It is super sticky. Highly recommend the edge trimmer (or any dedicated edge trimmer) makes a much neater job.

Reply to
Canned Spam

Thanx, guys - I.m going to give it a go. I won't have any rounded corners, so that shouldn't be a problem.

-Bill

Reply to
billpot