Empty cdr spindles,any workshop use?

We`ve all got them,the base with the clear plastic covers. 50 or 100 cdr spindles. Anyone found a use for them in the workshop other than holding nails or screws in the covers. A stonger platic bottle modified would work better for screws.

Reply to
Teej

Doughnut storage.

Andy Dingley

I tried, ended up tossing them. I like the mayo jars for storage better.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

They hold abrasive disks for a side grinder pretty well.

Reply to
Gfretwell

Glue 9 of them into a square and make a Tic-Tac-Toe board for the grandkiddies !

Paint dead CDs red one side black on the other.

Great, just gave away my 'make millions' idea.

Oh well..... have fun.. Jay

Reply to
j.b. miller

Got a bandsaw and a fine blade, with a kerf the same width as a CD thickness ?

Clamp an inch or so of CD's together tightly (the CD-R store is useful for this) and then saw 8 radial slots into the edge. Do a few hundred, throw away the cracked ones, and you've made a slot together construction toy.

Especially pretty with 15 seconds microwave time to craze the optical surface of a CD-R wthout melting it.

Andy Dingley