no hammer needed anywhere. slight prying to get the end caps off, but thats
just what it takes and there is a little slot there just for that purpose.
otherwise, i did not take the bearings off the shaft, the whole assembly
just slipped right out. i did have to use the plastic handle of a large
screwdriver to tap the pulley as i turned it so i could remove it from the
shaft, then i wire-brushed the shaft and the little slot key thingy and put
it back together.
guess i won't know until i put a load on it, but it will be a while as i
have a lot of restoration to do to the rest of the jointer....