Early Morning Planning

1,000 watt? There is a better method. Go here:
can help.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:40:13 GMT, "Bob Schmall" calmly ranted:

Oops, I forgot to include the bloody URL.

are a bit more real that your beaut below.

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design - nowhere. - *

Larry Jaques

I'm curious--do they have a "better method" that renders colors with some accuracy when compared to their appearance in daylight? HPS doesn't do that and that's what they seem to be pushing. For many purposes this doesn't matter, but for display areas at an automobile dealership I would think that it did--people don't like to buy a car that's one color on the lot and another when they get it home.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Texas is different from most of the country in that they have separated generation from infrastructure maintenance. Presumably there is some arrangement whereby the Local Wires Companies are paid by the Retail Electric Providers. You may not buy electricity from them but one way or another you're paying for their services.

One reason that large consumers get a discount is that the distribution infrastructure on the customer's campus is the customer's responsibility, not the power company's. In residential use the power company (in Texas the Local Wires Company) is responsible for everything up to the connector on the customer side of the meter.

If the home owners' association wanted to take care of the infrastructure the same way that GM does in their plants then I'm sure the power company would give them the same kind of discount. In effect they'd be becoming their own Local Wires Company for their neighborhood.

Personally I would not want to live in any community where the home owners association was responsible for keeping the power going.

If the applicable statutes allowed it. Do they really want the lawsuit when the baby freezes to death because they cut the power off when it was 30 below?

Fascinating. So the home owners association actually owns the property. I would not want to live anywhere that I was in the position of renting property that I had paid for. I'm really kind of disappointed in Texans--there was a time when anything that high-handed would have gotten somebody shot.

Then why would they want to give you a discount?

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you fly over the area at night you'll likely find that most of the streetlights are not "glaring upward". You'll see nicely illuminated little circles of ground with no bright spot in the middle.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I just flew from chicago to albany NY the night before last, and I was amazed at the number of lights that still DO have a bright spot in the middle. It was noticable enough so that the nicely illuminated circles of ground (kinda orange, actually) were definitely a noticable minority.

Reply to
mark

The lights could easily be properly shielded and

Bob again: 1,000 watt? There is a better method. Go here:

Bob & John, I did visit the website and followed the link -

are the same type we currently use. I was really hoping for a better solution. In addition, I emailed them stating my situation and as yet - no reply.

Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

I suspect that most homeowners in the entire U S of A are already in that situation. I know I am. Today, I received my annual "rent" bill from the county. They call it "real estate tax", but if I don't pay it, I can be evicted.

I don't see much _effective_ difference between that and paying rent to a landlord except that the landlord would have more legal difficulty evicting me from his property than the county would have evicting me from my own property.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch