Dust Collection W/Contractor Tablesaw

Have read Mehler's book and also talked w/ him in person at the WW shows. Yeah, put some kind of splitter in there. Mine is real simple. I just took a piece of metal, dilled a hole, but a slot and use the screw that held the blade guard to hold this "splitte". It sits pretty far back from the blade (more than the 1/4" recommended), but it's better than nothing, and once the stock passes by it, it's pretty good at keeping the stock off the back teeth. Actually, by raising my blade, I can get the blade closer to my splitter ;-)

I guess we could take some styrofoam and test KB with a high vs low blade??

I still am curious about the DC impacts. Seems to me a higher blade would throw dust down and into the saw box. The cutting action would be nearly straight down, wheras a low blade is going to be more towards the operator. With a high blade, the dust would have to stay in the gullets all around the blade and get ejected one the teeth emerge from the saw.

Hmm... next time out, we'll run some experiments.

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

"toller" wrote in news:KMuqd.5436$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

Has any one tried running a air blower to blow chips out of the blade under the saw? One of those hard plastic flex hoses clamped to a trunion rail would ride up and down and tilt with the blade.

Pentz site mentions moving dust is easy compared to sucking it, so if you had your under saw collector, closed off the saw well and used the compressed air to blow the gullets clean maybe there would be no dust on the top of the saw.

Alan

Reply to
A Womack

this is worth pursuing.