Door hinge mortise:

I would like to cut mortises in a door for hinges but have no Idea how to set up a router jig for that purpose.Could someone start me on the right track? I have used a chisel before to do the job but the results are not good.

Sal

Reply to
sal

I have no experience with the job, but I have a feeling a picture is worth a thousand words. I would suggest seeing if there is something on YouTube.com

Good luck! Bill

Reply to
Bill

For not much money you can get a routering mortise jig, probably at the box store.

Reply to
HeyBub

Hold on people I just realized I was lazy, googled and found a lot of info also cheap mortise jigs so please ignore.

Sal

Reply to
sal

Here you go, in januwine Chinglish!

one in some kind of English:
(His definition of "flush" differs from mine.)

-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sharp scribing knife and an even sharper chisel. Rough to within 1/16" of the scribe line and pare to finish -- making the first chop at the line mashes it and spoils the fit. That last

1/16" pops off square, clean, and dead on the mark.
Reply to
Father Haskell

Reply to
tiredofspam

Router planes (like the Stanley 71 and 71-1/2) are wonderful tools.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Easier to fine tune the cutter depth than a tailed router.

Reply to
Father Haskell