Don't like the rear legs on this.

I was browsing for wood plans and found this bench. I would not use this exact design due to the rear legs. The designer seemed to want it not to tip over back. But threw away longevity. I may alter it by using a 2x6 for the rear legs to address the back tipping and make them vertical.

There was a kid's picnic table that I found that didn't look too bad.

Mostly it's fun just reading through them.

Reply to
Electric Comet

The rear legs made the way shown in the plan are a integral part of making the structure strong. The triangles formed by the rear leg joining at the top front and at the lower rear corner of the seat/back make it so that the end frame assembly does not flex or scissor on it self.

If you try to replace the rear leg with just a vertical piece you will have rendered the end frame assembly to be a rectangle and susceptible to flexing and quickly becoming wobbly.

Reply to
Michael Karas