Do we really need another video on how to make a table saw crosscut sled ? YES !

My 30 year old sleds did not fit new table saw due to spacing of miter slots. Gave my old sleds to the guy who bought the old saw, and set out to make new sleds. Did some research on best practices in table saw sled construction, and found some great ideas that were new to me, but did not find a single instruction that pulled all the best ideas together. Made this video showing how I made a very precise crosscut sled using the best ideas I could find, plus a couple of my own ideas. If you have any ideas for further improvement please share.

Now researching for design of a precise 45 degree miter sled for picture frames and for frame and panel doors with miter corners. If you have any suggestions please share.

Reply to
StevenWoodward

Very nice! Thank you for making the effort to share!

Reply to
tcr...

I have had many cross cut sleds over the years and none compare to the Dubby Jig. The one I have used over the past 20 years. It is dead on accurate and will accurately cut most any angle with great resolution. The increments between each degree mark is about 1/4" inch.

Rockler sells a clone of this jig.

If you can duplicate the Dubby angle setting method for the fence, like the Dubby, you might have something but otherwise the Dubby cost probably beats the time spent to build an accurate sled.

Reply to
Leon