Do I need a table saw?

Have you tryed putting the table saw on a good mobile base and sticking it as far against the wall as possible? This arrangement works for me in my garage.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

Yes, in fact I did just that a few days ago. I put it on top of my phase converter, which is on wheels.

Ignoramus6689

Since you don't have a RAS you may just want to keep the TS.

Reply to
Fred

I watched my neighbour ripping some wood using his RAS. I gave him a table saw + a 3/4HP motor from a recent yard sale + a carbide that wouldn't suit my new saw. He still uses it, as well as his other equipment.

I had sold my RAS for a song some time ago. Being a lefty, I found it even more unsuitable for me, and with a daughter and granddaughter have built a ton of stuff without it.

Reply to
Guess who

Thank you. I think that I will keep this table saw. It's a nice cast iron TS.

Ignoramus3644

Reply to
Phisherman

======================= From your comments I would say you really have no need for the Tablesaw if you have not used it in a year your answered your own question...

That Radial Arm saw takes up MORE room then the Table saw I'd put the Tablesaw on a mobile base and sell or give away the Radial Arm saw...

Every one of us have different needs..because we all make different things... BUT I could NOT live without my Tablesaw(s)...

Just my 3 cents worth

Bopb G.

Reply to
Bob G.