do I flatten/uncurl PSA veneer first?

I'm a veneer newbie and picked up a small (1x8') roll of 10mil paperpacked PSA white oak veneer. I wanted to try it out before I placed a larger order. It came rolled up, in a tight curl.

I've searched the web and can't really find any advice on flattening PSA veneer. Could someone help and lend some advice please?

Should I use a softening agent like glycerin and water before unrolling and sticking it to a substrate? Or will this destroy the paperbacking?

Do I just simply roll it out and the paper will prevent/limit cracking?

Thank you!

Reply to
mttt

Doubt it but there is no need. Your veneer piece is not all warpy, just set in a curl from being rolled up. ______________

That's what I always did (been decades though)...roll out and weight down. Maybe lightly reverse roll it. Shouldn't even need spritzing.

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page. At the bottom of the page is a box filled with links with answers to all kinds of veneer questions.

Leon