Disturbing Trend

I don't think I've every had to pay shipping for a defective product. Hard drives, table saw top, joystick microswitches/potentiometers, optical mouse--they always payed the shipping.

If a company ships me a defective product, them paying the shipping is the absolute *minimum* that I would expect. Better would be some additional benefits to make up for the hassle of the thing being defective in the first place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Ayup. Bought an '84 LeSabre in '91 with 54K on it. Still running fine when I sold it ten years later with 210K.

Bought an '86 Suburban in '95 at 64K. Still running fine nine years later at

187K ... when some SOB stole it.

Bought another '86 Suburban a few months later. It'll hit 200K sometime next month. Seems like you just can't kill a Chevy V-8.

Or, "Fix Or Repair Daily".

But FIATs are even worse. Fix It Again Today. Fix It Again Tomorrow.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Got a 1987 Ford F150 with 165,000 miles on it.

Been tuned once.

It spent most of the last two and a half years driving a three hundred mile a week commute on the PA Turnpike.

Semi-retired it in November of last year when I bought a Honda Civic to do the commuting.

Old truck started blowing white smoke and idled hard during a run for a camping trip.

Put KW Block Sealer(poor mans gasket fix) in it and it has done four camping/fishing trips since then - no white smoke - no rough idle.

4.9L Ford block. Limited Slip Differential ( the poor mans four wheel drive)

Been an excellent road companion for enough years that the truck is almost old enough to vote.

I will leave you with this message from the Gospel:

"Jesus was a Chevy man - that's why he walked everywhere."

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And of course you do know what the towing package is on a new Ford right?

... A Chevy!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I don't own a new Ford.

But I did own a 1974 Chevy C-10 that would have run forever if the body panels hadn't rusted all to shit in three years.

That straight six was a runner - but the metal of the body sucked.

That's how I became a Ford man.