Design or plans for bench

Looking for plans that are close.

I have a nice piece of 5/4 60"x8" hickory that I would like to use to make a bench for my married son who lives in Wyoming. It would be in their front hall and used when they change or remove their shoes, which is necessary to keep the mountains out of their home. I'd like the base to be like a slanted shoe rack to hold their shoes/boots. Want it simple and somewhat western in style but don't want the typical construction site bench.

Any recommendations? Also, I'm considering using Walnut for trim, plugs or accent.

Dustmaker

Reply to
Dustmaker