Dermatitis From Ash??

Recently I developed a rash on my hands and I couldn't figure out why. My wife suspected that it was the ash that I have been using recently.

I googled a little and ash (along with several other wood species) can cause contact dermatitis.

I guess I need to wear gloves when using ash for now on.

Anyone else been affected (dermatitis) from ash or other wood species?

Thanks

Reply to
stoutman

Someone's sensitive to anything you can imagine.

I have gotten swollen red hands from feeling ash, but that's because she slapped me....

Reply to
George

OK, that's one 'no'. Anyone else?

Reply to
stoutman

Green or dry? For UK species (Fraxinus excelsior) it's notable that the green timber and dust is quite different to when dried (green ash sawdust turns pink while you watch) . Although it's generally regarded as a benign timber, there have been anecdotal reports of more sensitive people getting reactions to the green timber.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

dry.

Reply to