Delta Tabletop Jointer (JT160)

Hi, I'm thinking about adding this tool to my collection, and I'm curious if anyone has one and has any comments on the quality of the cut, ease of use, etc.

Thanks!

Reply to
Brian

Don't do it. Save your $$ and get a used "real" jointer (6" is fine)...

Want more info? Google posts by me on this topic...

Good luck Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

.....or very graceful curves :)

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

If space is a problem, then it is an "ok" tool. Just don't expect perfection. If you want to make stuff less than 3' long and have patience, it will suffice. Remember to flip the boards on each pass or you will find that you are making wedges.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

Have owned one for a while. If you don't have much $$$$ and will only be joining short pieces its not bad as far as Skopmaster stuff goes. Very smooth surfacing on cuts. But here is the problem I ran into. I needed to change out the cutter knives. Started to unscrew the hex screws that hold the knives in and they wouldn't come out. I ended up BENDING and TWISTING my hex head wrenches trying plus stripping the heads on a couple of screws. Called Delta and found out that what had happened is that they had used LOCKTITE on the screws when unit was assembled. To Delta's credit though she sent me a whole new cutter head, block plane, knives, and screws free of charge.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

One word... "DON'T". Save your money. Two memorable days in my life were:

  1. Day I bought one.
  2. Day I dumped it. (especially!!!)
Reply to
Don Sforza