Delta 36-831A cabinet saw $429 from spain???

Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and sell in the US.

is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client confidentiality. Scott

For 5 DELTA 36-831A the shipping cost is $110.oo > The price for 5 DELTA 36-831A is $2145.oo > As payment we accept wire transfer via Western Union or bak to bak transfer for

orders over $3000.oo

Here are some of our clients adresses: > dboyle snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com > michael snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com > donna snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com > snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com > > Please confirm if this is your order > > Delta 36-831A x 5 ......$2145.oo > shipping cost ............. $110.oo > ................................................ > TOTAL.......................$2255.oo > > Regards, > Eduard
Reply to
vmtw

orders over $3000.oo

He's TOTALLY lying to you, trying to rip_you_off. There is no way any seller would give you their customers email addresses and they would not all be web mail addresses either. There is no way anyone in "Spain" would be selling unisaws at that price to US customers through a website designed and targeted at US customers. DO NOT DO IT!

I have read about Spain, it is a country LOADED with criminal activity, such as, a LOT of prostitution slavery that is illegal, the law system and police work is extremely lax there.

Also notice he did NOT state that he accepts credit cards? ONLY wire bank transfers? That is cash of the barrel for him, and he disappears my friend.

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

I've spent a lot of time in southern Spain and the Malaga address of the firm in question is in the Costa Del Sol. This area was a common hangout of European criminals who went there because of lax law enforcement and sunshine. Moreover, why would a Spanish company offer such favorable prices on an American product?

Good luck,

TEF

transfer for orders over $3000.oo

Reply to
TEF

Are you kidding, he is high priced? I can sell them to you for $385 delivered right to your home. I only accept cash though, so please send it to me in a plain envelope.

I await your reply and the cash in the mail.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This sounds similar to the Nigerian scams ( see

amongst others.) Another to be aware of that is hitting our classic bicycle sellers on eBay, is when they offer (off of eBay) for a large dollar item. They send you a money order for much more than what was agreed to and ask you to send back the overage ( a grand or two.) Problem is, the original money order was no good. So now they have your product plus a couple grand. Not sure how well it works these days since the new law went into effect allowing banks to instantly transfer money as opposed to a check hold.

Bottom line, if someone comes to you with something that seems to be to good to be true, it usually is!

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Sounds good to me ,by the way I have a bridge I would like to sell cheap!!

Reply to
leonard

Hell, if you want to throw away $2255 send it to me. You'll at least know where it went and you'll get just as much in return!

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hi Ed,

I happen to be driving your way, so I'll swing by with my cash in a plain envelope for ya.

I expect a discount for the delivery charge!

Oh yea...I'll take 2 of em.

;->

Lou

Reply to
loutent

transfer for orders over $3000.oo

Even if he could sell them for that price, on what planet could they be shipped from Spain to the US for $110? I might have trouble finding someone to ship them to the other side of town for that.

Some interesting information on hgpro-tools.com. Looks like the domain has been around for an entire two weeks. Where do I send my $2255?

Domain Name.......... hgpro-tools.com Creation Date........ 2004-11-15 Registration Date.... 2004-11-15 Expiry Date.......... 2005-11-15 Organisation Name.... Will Schien Organisation Address. 2872 Horton Rd. Organisation Address. Organisation Address. Germanton Organisation Address. 27019 Organisation Address. NC Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Will Schien Admin Address........ 2872 Horton Rd. Admin Address........ Admin Address........ Germanton Admin Address........ 27019 Admin Address........ NC Admin Address........ UNITED STATES Admin Email.......... cocoshu snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Admin Phone.......... +1.3454951462

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Oh, I'd definately go for it- but first, I'd like to help me move some large sums of money out of Nigeria. Your name was given to me as someone trustworthy, so if you could just send along the routing number and access codes to your bank account, I'd be happy to deposit TEN BILLION DOLLARS into your account for safekeeping. :P

orders over $3000.oo

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

"Todd Fatheree"

Indeed. Although clearly a rip-off, the quality of English and chosen target audience does strongly suggest someone from the US, using foreign servers and services. Nifty little scam. If only I was so clever. Not many woodworker types are going to part w/ 1500 minimum cash very easily, though...

Why not give the guy a call:

Schein, Will

2860 Horton Road (couple houses off?) Germanton, NC 27019 336-767-1300

Might want to hit *67 first to block caller ID.

Let us all know how the conversation goes....

- Nate

Reply to
Nate

If I'm in NJ, I would give him a nice Christmas holiday by calling the DA.

Reply to
WD

TWO WEEKS and the site says "we can no longer accept credit cards due to fraud". WHAT a load of rip off crap!

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Funny thing is that it appears that the web server is actually in the US. It belongs to Yahoo, and as best as I can figure from a traceroute, the web server itself is in California.

To add even more humor, I took a chance and Googled their supposed address. I located a Flemenco Dance Studio in Malaga, Spain.

Escuela Flamenca, c/ Flores García 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga, 952 / 31 18

81

For reference, Pro Home & Garden Tools' address and phone number from their web site is

Flores García 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga,, 29006 , 952 / 31 18 81

So, either this is a combo Flamenco dance studio/tool supply or they just picked an address out of a hat.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Hot damn. My account number is 867-5309-90210-911-69 and the routing number is 10-10-220. I will keep your $10 billion safe for you, but it's going to cost you a $500 million service fee.

Reply to
Silvan

No, I can give you a lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I will give you a HCoA sanding sponge and my entire collection of Harbor Freight lathe tools, plus a nifty box of wood shavings and a Timex watch with no band.

Deal?

Reply to
Silvan

Well, yes. They could not defraud you with a CC!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I sent an email to the NC Attorney General, I will let you know what they say.

Reply to
vmtw

Silvan wrote> No, I can give you a lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I

How much for all of it plus the watch band? And throw in a couple of HCoA glue spreaders.

Eric

Reply to
mnterpfan

"vmtw"

Probably not much.

The likelihood of finding real names behind all the phony ones using 101 level internet service tools is about zero.

- Nate

Reply to
Nate