Deck Project - Concrete

Jeez George you sure post from a lot of different e-mail addresses.

Reply to
Leon

I am using hosts I am subscribed to. So?

.. an' anyway your 'tone' implies a "crime"? If there is the crux of your post,, explain to me how it is you are not saying the same thing to Josepi, or *worse* that edjut is "nym shifting".. you wise to that?

Hear this Leon.. I know what I am doing. I am all over this Usenet thing. It is very clear very few here in are.

Some will listen and survive the Gymmy Bob/Josepi/Eric/'mII' 'invasion'.. others will do the hands over ears thing and thus lead >rw> the same way as alt.pets.cockatiels (and another) alt.support. celiac.. to name just two groups which were MORE ACTIVE than . Groups now dead by the hand of Gymmy Bob/Josepi/Bengi/'mII'/Erich

You*hear* what I am saying, Leon? george

Reply to
George Watson

Just curious why you use so many different e-mail addresses to post to this news group.

No, do you feel guilty about something?

You seem to have a handle on that pissing contest, no need for me to get involved.

Obviously

They are simply the latest wave to come through, like you being relative new to this group. I don't recall you being here under your present name 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years ago. They will eventually go on their way like the many before them and the rec. will continue as it has done in the past.

I hear you but know differently.

Reply to
Leon

errr.. why would that make you curious?

ftr? IIRC I have only ever published a single valid eMail address here in and that was some years ago now.

heh.. "let he who has small stones cast the first one.".

THAT's a "crime".

tip? pack up yer slingshot.. aint no agro at this desk :-D

the latter is true.. in any way. Best if you do not understand what is going on don't get involved.

'gin, like... ftr. There aint no "pissing contest" happening. There is a cold calculated strategy in training, happening.

Thanks.

/tips hat

True and Wrong. In fact me and get back to 2004.

But yes.. Josepi/Begi/Eric/'mII' essentially moved here to from and the cross-posting of that "Gunner" tosser in the metal groups.

No.. 'cos times have changed.

No... n' No.. 'cos times have changed.

You missed that thread a while back on other "social media" sites being touted as an alternative to Usenet?

^^^^^From: "David F. Eisan" ^^^^^Newsgroups: rec.woodworking ^^^^^Subject: Who is on Facebook? ^^^^^Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:45:32 -0400 ^^^^^Message-ID:

.. an' there is why I am here, posting.

Times have changed. Josepi/Bengi.Eric/'mII' are "stuff" you do not know, stuff that will harm the environment you, I, and others, do enjoy as a place to swap BS and "chow down" on tips and clues for a hobby/discipline enjoyed.

There is a price to pay to keep things that way. I am the accountant - believe. And I am licenced "to carry'... and badged

thanks for the space. george

Reply to
George Watson

Man, you need to learn to write. And I hope everyone will just be themselves so I can provide due respect. It's challenging enough as it is. And what the hell is edjut?

Reply to
Bill

So put him in the bozo bin with josepi. I did that a couple weeks ago. Mike just joined him tonight after I saw the third reply to a known troll by him today. I'm happier and happier.

You, too, can learn to twit filter, _please_.

-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I know they have used just plan dirt in a few dams.

Reply to
Markem

George, take no offense with this request, could you publish a Ausy dictionary so we can understand some of your terminology> :~)

Reply to
Leon

What's the problem ... every word is English? :)

Having lived in Oz for a while, have no problem understanding him at all, but if you got him to shout you a few in a pub, you'd sound just like him. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

He might be using one of those programs that scrambles email addresses to prevent backtracking. Can't say how they work exactly, but there's several of them out there that do similar email address protection.

Reply to
Dave

/sawn

/sawn

None taken at all Leon. I do question the use of "we" though. Is not that either "poor Engrish" (you do know what is "Engrish", right?) or a presumption of the consumption by others??

Try this perspective on for size, Leon. I am bringing the World to your desktop. How's that? You have heard of the Internet? Ok.. I explain briefly. It is that place outside of the USA Intranet. The thing Al Gore invented and sold to you guys. Y'all bought a lemon, by the way. But at least it gave you guys access to the Internet

[seriously] Mate.. iff'n I had a buck for each "lingo lame" I have and do attract I could mount a takeover bid on Microsoft, no worries. Such trivia does not faze me one iota. An the fact that I explain this to *you* says you are on my "favorites list". Others are still wondering where their post went! /lmao

I aint changing a thing, Leon I am what I am, just as many are here to me I deal with the "strange ones" as I will. I follow the rules of Usenet, I subscribe to the Usenet ethos and I promote "free speech", where I do post. More than that is up to the reader, not I. Some help?

more Search Engines than Google and does not "hand feed" only American "stuff".

A quick scan of this site will tell you I am being very clear in *my* use of English.. for an Aussie poster:->

that said.. I have little to none trouble in figuring what you guys and the Kanucks are saying yet the reverse is always a problem for a great many from the Americas.. and not only with reading of Aussie "stuff", I would add.

cheers george

Reply to
George Watson

I do not use "bots". Use those and one might quickly find themselves the subject of an EMP complaint. The fast way to Usenet death.. for a subscriber. george

Reply to
George Watson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:29:38 -0600, Gooey wrote (in article ):

I bought one of those mixers years ago when they were on sale. Since then, I have mixed literally a 1000 batches of quickcrete, stucco, and standard cement. Rule 1 with these mixers is they are underpowered. If you over load it, you are screwed. The max amount of material mine can handle is a 1-2-3 mix of standard portland cement, sand, and gravel with a 3-gallon pail.

For the above, I add the cement and sand, then run it a few minutes to get it all mixed up. I then add water (a little at a time) until the sand/cement mix turns into a runny slurry (fully mixed, no lumps). I then add the gravel which thickens up everything perfectly. I may need to add a splash or two of water to get it just right. If I go overboard on the water, I set things right with a few scoops of cement/sand.

With quickcrete (and stucco), I start with the dry mix and add water little by little trying to avoid dry pockets sticking to the side of the drum. If the drum starts to stall, tilt it back up a notch or two. 'Balling' is common and you need to add more water to break them up, but be aware that at this point, very little water goes a long way towards souping up the mix.

The damn thing just won't die. I've been tempted to fit in a 3/4 HP cooler motor some day. When I'm using it I always imagine 1,000,000 Chinese workers, each manning one of these mixers, building the three gorges dam....

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce