DC hoses

Or one of the things that the worry-wart who was on about it used to worry about finally got him.

Reply to
J. Clarke

However it has also been banned for waterfowl hunting in most localities in the US. And in addition to steel you can get bismuth and tungsten shot.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Fine ;)

Reply to
Bill

You just might be right, Ron. I reengaged the "grounding" bait thread but nobody bit.

-- Not merely an absence of noise, Real Silence begins when a reasonable being withdraws from the noise in order to find peace and order in his inner sanctuary. -- Peter Minard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This stuff isn't even close. I was thinking about filling the gap with RTV but I really didn't want to make permanent connections.

I've found that equipment manufacturers aren't consistent, either. My Unisaw's dust port is quite a different size than the port on my DeWalt planer.

I hadn't thought of that.

My DC has a 6" port with a 2x4" 'Y'. I could plumb for 6" but that gets expensive. I'd have to neck down to 4" to the tool anyway.

My DC is supposed to have 1u bags on it. I'm not about to use a respirator whenever I'm working. I'd rather give up the hobby.

Reply to
krw

Watch.

Tomorrow I'll blow the doors off of the front of my garage shop with a dust explosion!

(If I do, you guys will never know it.)

RonB

Reply to
RonB

RonB wrote in news:cbd6d1b0-2d1c-436d-8ff4- snipped-for-privacy@j25g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

You don't live around Mattoon, IL, do you? Last night, I saw a brilliant white flash and then a bunch of sparks spreading out in the sky. I thought it was a firework, but obviously it was a dust collector explosion!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

That's a risk *only* if you use "combustable PVC" ('CPVC" for short).

The devil is in the details.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi