Dadoo question

You're welcome. It's difficult not to consider you a contributor since one of the web pages hit most frequently was that with your photos, although I think your inventiveness and generosity were seriously under-appreciated. At this point I'm of the opinion that those who want to avail themselves of your generosity can ask "please" and say "thank you" to you directly.

The only thing I found offensive was the attitude that I didn't have the right to charge for products that the complainers weren't capable of producing (or even imagining) without my showing the way. 'Nuff said - end rant.

Pax.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I've done it both ways and I find it easier, when necessary, to place a thin strip of material (masking tape, UHMW plastic strip, etc.) along side my routing guide than it is to mount a dado blade and remove and remount it to keep adding (or subtracting) shims to get the correct width. But then I have a large assortment of router bits and I seldom have to resort to adding anything to the guide.

There's a good plan from "Shop Notes" for a dado jig that would work even better than my method.

Max

Reply to
Max

This is exactly how I made my kitchen cabinets. I rabbeted the front edge of the plywood to fit a mating dado in my face frames. I used a router bit set from Marc Sommerfeld.

todd

Reply to
todd

Bore out the shim? It's the thickness that matters, not the fit to the arbor.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

This will be my first big project. I will be making a closet system for myself. I was thinking of using a rabit on the back for a back panel to fit in. I was thinking of using dados for the permanent shelf's.

Ted

Reply to
Ted