Dado blade on a Bosch bench table saw???

I am curious, I've read on a Bosch ad that you can use a dado blade on a Bosch bench table saw. Did someone try it? Was it working good? Did you use a 8" dado blade or a 6"? What width and thickness did you remove in one pass?

General comment about this table saw?

Thanks

Reply to
Mike CBR929rr

I have had one about a year. You can do 1/2" in one pass. I have used 8" set. The earliest ones supposedly had a problem with the blade creeping down when using dado or molding head, mine odesn't have that problem on dados, couldn't really say aout the molding head. I never tried it. Any more and part of you dado set is on the threads of the arbor. It is closer to a woodworking saw than any of the other jobsite saws I looked at (IMO). Fence works well, miter slot isnt bad 3/8 X 3/4 not "t" slot. Soft start is great. I found that bolting the saw to the stand and weighting the stand makes a nice rip cutting improvement. Side and Rear extensions are very helpful. I am pretty sure Bosch says no wobble dado blade, but I have read of some people using them. I wouldn't. Some people complain about blade change. I think it could have been better, but if you follow the instructions in the manual (good manual) it is no problem. The splitter is a bit of a stinker to align with a thin curf blade, but once there it stays. I bought a thin curf Woodworker II at Forrest rep's recommendation. If I had to do it again I think I would have gotten the normal kerf blade, it has plenty of power and would handle it fine for most woods and thicknesses in reason.

All that said, I did just buy a contractor's saw, because I want to combine router table and saw with an incra setup, and mine has never left the garage anyway.

Bob by Chicago.

Reply to
Bob by Chicago

I've used a Freud 8" Superdado set in mine. The only limitation is that the short arbor of the saw limits the width of the dado you can make in one pass to 1/2". I'm happy with the saw. I use a regular Forrest WWII blade for most work. Most demanding thing I have done is ripping 1 3/4" hard maple and it works fine although I have to feed slowly and am probably approaching the limit of the saw/blade combo. The nice thing about the WWII is that is works well for >90% of my cuts so blade changes are minimized. I do switch to a Freud 80 tooth laminate blade when cutting plywood because I already had the blade, and it does a slightly better job than the WWII for that task.

Reply to
Steve James