Cypress For Outdoor Furniture?

When I bought this house in 2000, the back fence was cypress, put up in 1975 with no evidence of stain or sealer. It was mostly solid except for the lower 6 inches, (It was touching the ground). I took it down, trimmed the ends and planed it. Made a lot of nice birdhouses, outdoor doo-dads and flower boxes. Few other local woods would stand this weather that long.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Seconded. A friend of mine made an Adirondack chair of spanish cedar on my suggestion and he's very happy with it.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard