Cutting Steel with Circular Saw Blades

;~0

Reply to
Leon

From my end, all is good. I did mean cement not concrete.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for the civil response, it is what I expected from any member of this group. Curious about the application/use of cement as a building material...Looking to learn as well Thanks again

Reply to
Brian Welch

Maybe for cementitious backer board? That application had escaped me... Best

Reply to
Brian Welch

Do you feel the same about Kleenex (tissues), Velcro (hook and loop), Sawzall (reciprocating saw), Skilsaw (circular saw), etc.?

I do.

Lots more for us to be pet-peeved about here:

DerbyDad03

Reply to
Brian Welch

Reply to
Brian Welch

Yes that. Hardi Plank/board, and or cutting through cinder block with no stone aggregate, cement bricks made from cement and sand.

Reply to
Leon

I have done it by accident but would have never thought to do it intentionally.

I had some honeycomb shades and needed to shorten them to fit inside rather than protruding outside the window frame. I checked and the bars seemed to be aluminum so I tightly taped everything together in the closed position and attacked with my table saw using a good carbide blade. I've cut aluminum and brass before using the same method with zero problems. This time my luck ran out because, unknown to me, there are steel (or maybe iron) weights in the lower bars of the blinds. I cut right through the first and at that point, figuring I couldn't harm the blade any more, I cut the other blind too. I checked the blade afterward and found two or three chipped teeth and kept using it for some time afterward until having it repaired/sharpened by Forrest.

Reply to
John McGaw