"jo4hn" wrote

Have fun and mahalo, jo4hn

[Kijiji?]
Reply to
Kate

Swahili for village.

Reply to
Robatoy

My wife just had one of those wonderful Ebay experiences this morning, fortunately only on a $20 item..

Seller has lots of positive ratings... She even contacted one of the folks that had bought the same product from them and got a glowing report..

Since she bought it 3 days ago, she tried to contact the seller (through Ebay) and got a "no longer a registered Ebay seller" message...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

As of 5/1, sellers can no longer post negative feedback for buyers.

On the other hand, when I'm a seller I post positive feedback on receipt of payment. As to holding feedback hostage, you'd be blown away by the number of buyers who never bother to post feedback, even after several intra-eBay email requests of:

- "Did the item arrive and was it what you expected?"

- "If the item was unsatisfactory, please let me know. If it was, please post positive feedback."

- "Did the item arrive as you expected and in good time?"

- "eBay operates on a feedback system. I've posted positive feedback to your account, and I'd love it if you'd do the same. If there is a problem, please contact me at once, so I may rectify the problem."

A buyer search shows the buyer on eBay and bidding on other items, so they got the message...

No response, NONE! No feedback... 8^( For all I know, the item was lost by the USPS!

As a small seller, I perfectly understand sellers who won't post feedback until the buyer will, and am changing my own policies to do the same.

**
**

B A R R Y

I've had good luck with Kijiji here in Canada. Locally, craigslist is a bit of a disappointment, so I guess it depends on where you live.

Reply to
Tanus

B A R R Y wrote: ...

If you have a significant number of +-ive's, what difference does one more make?

I've never bothered to post +-ive feedback, unlikely ever would for that reason...

If I got an e-mail, I'd almost certainly answer it (if didn't have to go thru the p-poor eBay site, that is) but still highly unlikely to actually post anything.

--

Reply to
dpb

Then why should I post it for you?

**
**

B A R R Y

No reason...

--

Reply to
dpb

Let me suggest some reasons.

- To say thank you to the seller

- To let the seller know you're happy with the transaction

- To do your part in creating a sellers reputation (good or bad)

To your point of "What does it matter?"

I've been an eBay member since 11/98 with a grand total of ~ 180 transactions, averaging 18 per year. I have a 100% positive feedback of 156. Some people leave feedback, and repeat transactions don't count, so I don't have a 180. My rating is split 50/50 between buying and selling. I use eBay as on online yard sale, buying and selling personal goods (tools, bicycle parts, household items), not as an income generating business.

Sometimes, you may be my first "seller" transaction in months, or even a year. Your feedback DOES matter greatly in this case, which is why the eBay "Feedback Tutorial" greatly encourages buyers to leave something.

**
**

B A R R Y

So 157 will somehow be magically "better"? I don't think so.

Might as well reinstate the "me too" postings here in r.w for all the good it really does. If you had none or 10 or as few as maybe even 20, it might lend some credence. After that, the die is cast--either your reputation is good or it isn't.

As for "thank you", it's a commercial transaction and at a distance. I'm not making a social commitment here... :)

I've used eBay for longer than that for sure but have no count of number of transactions -- certainly under 50, though, and as far as I know what feedback I have received is all +-ive, but I don't know. I've bought stuff from the quarter novelty rack to a $5,000 piece of industrial equipment (40-ft manlift, actually). I communicated with every seller outside the lousy eBay webmail interface to arrange shipping and or payment (rural, nonconventional address requires that) and have universally exchanged appropriate greetings during (and sometimes after) those exchanges. What is seen publicly is nil, however.

Reply to
dpb

"mac davis" wrote My wife just had one of those wonderful Ebay experiences this morning, fortunately only on a $20 item..

Reply to
Kate

This was paid with paypal, Kate... but they don't do the free insurance anymore...

We're still waiting... even though Ebay no longer has them as registered sellers, they sent an email claiming that the package was shipped on the 24th...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I've used Craigslist several times, but only for purchases that are in the same city and I can go pick up the item personally. Knowing where the seller lives and that fact that they're local brings with it a certain amount of buyer protection.

Reply to
Upscale