Cotton wood

Anchorseal is another product used for sealing the end grain. It's made by U C Coatings in Buffalo and is available in quarts, gallons, 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums. IIRC they ship anywhere in the continental US free. See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

The last time I coated the ends of big chunks of wood I experimented a little. I took an empty gallon paint can, put about 1/2 tube of clear silicone calk in the can. I had previously tested various reducers & found I could thin the silicone calk to a brushable solution by thinning with lacquer thinner. So next I added lacquer thinner mixing it in with a paint stirrer until I got a nice brushable solution. I then used the solution to coat the ends on my wood. It worked well, the mixture dried to a thin rubber like coating that adhered well to the wood ends. Use a cheap brush, after you are done brushing the mixture there is no cleaning the brush.

Hope this helps, Frank

Reply to
Frankcw

BUB 209 schreef

  • + + The burls of Populus nigra were very important in furniture production, once upon a time. PvR
Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel