Clipped-Head nailers

Hello, Are clipped head nailers going away?? The reason I ask is I heard Paslode is doing away with them. I just bought a Senco, and wondering if I should switch to the round head nailer. Thank you.

-Jack from Southeastern New England

Reply to
jack

I have heard that bostich is no longer making nails for their clipped head nailers. Don't be surprised to see the building codes give it the thumbs down too in the near future. It is already against code in many states. FWIW. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

I just bought a PC round head framing nailer, and went with the round head after doing some research/asking questions and finding that certain southeast states and California are requiring round head nails in framing applications. I'm in NJ, and the local tool guys say that certain building inspectors do not accept clipped head nails in framing. I sensed a movement towards round head, so I went with the flow.

Mutt.

Reply to
Mutt

Just talked to our town building inspector. He said that clipped-heads are fine, but that could change. I think I need to exchange the gun for a round head.

Reply to
jack

You can get full round head nails that fit in a clipped head nailgun. The heads are offset and are available from Senco at least, there may be more brands out there. They work just great and you can get more nails in the gun than in a standard round head nailgun.

Robert Allison