Christmas in my shop

Tuesday I received the Grizzly G0555 "Ultimate 14" Bandsaw" and a Yorkcraft

6" Jointer (Delta 37-195 equivalent). I have both almost assembled, ready to transport away from the garage door so I can get the forklift back inside. These were about as heavy as I'd want to assemble by myself, I lifted the base machines onto the stands then installed tables, fences, etc. I still have to get out the squares & dial indicator to get the fine adjusting/checking done.

I stopped by our local mini sears store and they had tiny 2 Gal. air compressors for $79.99, 2.4CFM at 90 PSI, 125PSI max. one year warranty, cast iron cylinder, oil filled compressor. Had to have one of those, the bigger compressors I have are not very portable.

I plan to sell of some of my metal working machines including a large mill (~4500 lbs), a small metal lathe, an AC stick welder, and maybe my small metal shaper. I don't need 3 lathes, 3 mills, and 5 welders in my home shop!

Reply to
RogerN

I'm impressed that you have a shop big enough to house and bandsaw, jointer, big air compressor(s), 5 welders, 3 mills and 3 lathes.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

He has a FORKLIFT!

Man, could that be fun!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

You know what they say: "Big Boys Expensive Toys"

Reply to
RKON

My house came with a ~30 X ~50 insulated pole barn type building. It's getting pretty full of junk from other peoples moves, family and an office equipment business I used to work for. I got the bandsaw and jointer moved out of the doorway tonight and got the forklift back inside, I'm glad my wife doesn't think she should park her car in there! :-)

Reply to
RogerN

It sure comes in handy at times! My biggest mill weights and estimated 4500 lbs, I moved it in place without a forklift, had bars underneath for rollers a pryed it along an inch at a time. I would like to get a heavy duty trailer so I could haul my forklift to auctions, load for others, load whatever I bought, drive up on the trailer and go home. I've been able to make the metalworking shop pretty much pay for itself. One of my biggest additions was a CNC mill, I get jobs for it every now and then but I don't think I'm breaking even. I probably have close to $7000 in the CNC mill now, but when I get work for it, it makes $40 - $90/hr while I'm doing something else, just have to keep an eye on it in case it breaks a cutter or something and change parts when it's done.

Reply to
RogerN