Cheap tools

My mail order bride sure wasn't cheap!

Seriously, I have a $3000 bicycle with a frame that was made in China. There is a huge difference between this bike and a $40 made in China Wal-Mart bike.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Guys, I'm getting that deja vu thing. These same discussions were held about Japan and Korea back in the '70s and 80s.

People only laughed at Japan for a little while, China is going to make the rest of the world's economies look feeble within most of our lifetimes.

IMHO anyway.

Reply to
Greg Millen

I'm with you on that!

Once upon a time Toyota, Honda, Subaru, and Datsun were "off" brands.

Now Subaru's building Saabs, Toyota and Nissan have serious big trucks, and Honda leads the world in quality and forward thinking technology.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

No, they're building crappy GM cars with Saab badges on them. Even Saab haven't built a Saab in years.

My Saab-nut friend over the road is driving a 900 Turbo these days that's even older (20 years?) than my Volvo. This is in preference to his more recent Saabs, because "the 900 was the last Real One".

In comparison to Japan, there's a big difference with Korea. Japan got the quality of their manufacturing industry right, Korea failed to. Would _you_ want to drive a Daewoo ? They looked shiny at first, all the extra gadgets and features, and plenty of people thought they'd be another low-end Datsun. The reality turned out to be reliability that's more like a Lada.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

exactly.. I remember back in the 70's, when I was looking for a car, my brother recommended the Toyota Supra... Being raised by parents that survived the depression, I "knew" that the Japanese made cheap shit from our old tin cans... No Way would I look at a japanese car..

My brother knew that I'd been riding motorcycles for years, and asked my how many bike's I'd owned... about 12 He asked how many were Japanese... all of 'em..

hmm...... test drove the Supra and bought it... drove it like I stole it for 7 or 8 years before I gave it to one of the kids, who put another 150,000 miles on it...

Now I have a Dodge (owned by the Germans) Ram that was assembled in Mexico... go figure.. lol

Reply to
mac davis

Only over a Yugo!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

The Saab 9-2 is a Subaru WRX with a nicer interior. The Saabaru!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:59:18 GMT, Ba r r y calmly ranted:

It doesn't have nearly enough power, traction, or ground clearance.

  • OPERA: A Latin word * Wondrous Website Design
  • meaning * Save your Heirloom Photos
  • "death by music" *
Larry Jaques