Carter Guides Require Bandsaw Guard Replacement

I have an older Delta 14" bandsaw, hex post style, and just bought a set of Carter guides for it. Went to install them and lo and behold the instructions say "remove guard" and "user must supply another guard". Anybody run into this problem? Is there an easy solution for modifying the guard or retrofitting the saw with a different guard. I must admit being disappointed that in order to install these first class highly touted guides I must come up with my own safety equipment replacement since they require removal of the factory one. You'd think they would include a mounting bracket or replacement guard. Suggestions welcome.

-- Eric

Reply to
<michelleeric

and am sending the guides back. Unbelievable! "Sir, we're sorry our guides require you to remove the safety equippment from your saw and can't help you with a replacement guide." Needless to say I'm sending them back and ordering a set of BandRollers.

-- Eric

Reply to
Eric

Seems silly to make a products that does not take all that into consideration. Especially since you had one of the more popular tools, not some no name stuff made by gremlins.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Edwin

I agree and thank you for the affirmation. How many Delta Bandsaws are out there that have a hex post? Hmmm, how about everyone built before 1974 - A LOT. Below is the letter I sent to them with my return.

I am returning the guide kit for a Delta 14? hex. The kit instructions tell me to remove the blade safety guard but provide neither a replacement guard nor a means of mounting the original guard. This is unacceptable. I will be equipping my bandsaw with Iturra BladeRollers as they do not compromise safety or require me to fabricate parts that should be provided in a guide kit.

-- Eric

Reply to
Eric