Care and Feeding of LAcquer Coated Furniture

Hi, I bought two pieces of genuine oriental furniture that have very nice lacquer finishes. One piece appears to be stained wood w/ very nice abalone inlays and a nice lacquer finish while the other piece w/ several very elaborate deep carvings, black. liquor bar w/ several different compartments is probably 70 - 60 years old This one really needs work, while the finish is intact it has a dull appearance.

Let me know if this isn't the appropriate newsgroup.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

This should help get you started:

deep carvings present problems. Sometimes the easiest way to freshen up a finish is to apply a new one after cleaning and prepping the tired old one.

RicodJour

Thanks I'll check it out.

Reply to
Mike