buying tools on eBay

And isn't that a violation of e-bay rules?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Cindi" wrote

I'll tell you what, next time you spam these NGs, you will get a buyer with Zero feedback to buy your item. You will also get an instant Negative for non-shipment.

Get my drift?

Reply to
ND

"ND" wrote

Heck, I had to leave you feedback about spamming. Don't spam anymore, or I'll leave more negatives under a different name.

Are we clear?

Reply to
ND

Yes. Then pay 42$ shipping/handling charges.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

This is getting even better. Some anal aperture with handle "getting_even_with_spammers" (wonder who that might be?) bought it for $19.99 - allegedly.

This is almost good enough to sell tickets to!

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

Well, it wasn't me... but I think it's a clever idea. I notice that the "buyer" has already left negative feedback, too: "Spams Newsgroups with items. Wants positive feedback b/4 shipping. Idiot!"

Reply to
Doug Miller

I've bought about 14 things and only had trouble with 1.

I bought a CD copy of Open Office 1.1, an " MS Word" emulation that is free, but I didn't have the time to do a download. I went with this guy because he promised quick shipping. It took about 2 1/2 weeks, and arrived long after I downloaded it.

I complained and he said if I didn't give him good feedback he'd give me bad feedback even though I had paid immediately. He pointed out that it would lower my percertage of good far more than his, since he sold hundreds or thousands of things.

What difference does it make if a buyer has gotten good or bad feedback? They have to sell to the highest bidder, and they don't have to ship until I pay. They are bound by the ebay rules for the first part and have no risk for the second part, and I'm sure they know it.

But I still wanted to keep my percentage good at 100%, so I decided to settle for a copy of his other CD, which had lots of freeware and shareware on it, that he said was useful for debugging. Probably was but it was poorly organized, had no index pretty much, and almost all had to be installed before it could be used.

He had lots of excuses. Claimed the wild fires in California had interfered, (but also said he shipped only a day or 2 later because of that. Both his cd's came with a printed note, the same one, that something had gone wrong so the shipping was delayed. I'm sure everyone gets that.

AIUI, the founder of ebay thought everyone would be honest, but by now they have been forced to hire 100's of lawyers to handle complaints (and that only relates to the problems aboven above the level that non-lawyers can handle.)

Reply to
mm

Just looked tonight, seller's feedback down to 66.7% Good call to whoever pays enough attention to the group to notice the shilling..

Reply to
Rick's Cabinet Shop

It was kinda hard to miss... Three times within a week or ten days, same items from the same seller every time... not too hard to figure out. Check the feedback comments -- I wasn't the only one who cottoned on to that.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I dont buy anything from Ebay. There are far too many crooks selling garbage and by the time you pay the shipping you may as well go to a store. Avoid Ebay. Problem solved......

Reply to
emailaddress

Reply to
gyaworski

"Cindi" wrote

> I know it retails for $59.99 in Home Depot. Do you think I should

LOL......Spammer, you found out what happens when you don't play by eBay rules.

You can't spam, extort feedback, & you didn't send the previous buyer for the saw, his item. You didn't get the money you wanted first time around, so you put it up there for me to buy.

No Longer A Registered User.........LOL

Reply to
ND