Breathable Noise Filter

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:33:26 -0500, Leon

This situation reminds me of a song Roger McGuinn wrote about his brother in law (my aunt's husband). "If it's free it cost too much." In the case of the BIL if he ever did anything for you or gave you something you ended up paying it back 10 times over fulfilling requests from the BIL. In this case, your friend got to provide space, electric, blades, and quiet over the course of 10 years for the privilege of a deal on the table saw. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I've also seen people hang things from bungie cords to accomplish that.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Well there you go! Question answered. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Not a direct answer to your question Dave, but have you considered CO2 bottles?

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 10:13:34 -0500, basilisk

I am aware of them, just didn't give them much thought to be honest.

Reply to
none

That's too optimistic: MORE heat is liberated than the electric power, because compression changes the heat capacity of the air. and the air temperature rises. When you release the gas, it gets cooler than ambient (this is a kind of open-end refrigeration cycle). That's why the compressor cylinder always has heatsink fins.

Reply to
whit3rd

In theory you'll have to take the power factor into account, since you want to know real Watts (vs. the imaginary component that's included in the Volt Amps value).

Yup. Assuming the air expands outside the enclosure, in addition to dissapating the electrical power, you're also pumping heat from outside the enclosure to inside the enclosure.

Reply to
Grant Edwards